As companies have recognized the importance of unifying customer data to obtain business insights, customer data platforms that consolidate and activate known customer information have become ubiquitous. Customer data platforms enable marketers to segment and share customer profiles with marketing systems to personalize the content of email campaigns, digital ads, and other channels.
In this ebook, we explore how marketers can launch and operate a customer data platform successfully, with a focus on how to:
- Identify your organization’s priority early in the process, whether that’s making ad spend more efficient, increasing your marketing team’s productivity, reducing engineering costs, or accelerating insights
- Understand whether you should build your own solution or buy an out-of-the-box one
- Ensure you invest in the right feature set for your business needs
- Push your customer data across dozens of marketing channels
- Invest in machine learning to drive your customer data platform strategy forward