For marketers, data is critical to initiatives such as personalization campaigns that increase customer lifetime value, multitouch attribution models that reveal how much each customer touchpoint contributes to a purchase or conversion, and machine-learning algorithms that enhance customer experiences. But if marketing organizations fail to unify their customer data as a starting point, they would fail to achieve these goals at scale.
This ebook describes five best practices to help unify marketing data and make it actionable for high-priority marketing programs. You will learn how to:
- Implement a holistic data strategy instead of addressing one issue at a time
- Identify which data sources are essential and set up optimal methods for integration
- Store the data in a platform that can support all analytics and customer engagement needs
- Ensure that marketing data is accessible to non-technical users across the company instead of limiting access to data scientists and analysts
- Determine which data-driven initiatives are most important and ensure the organization is aligned on them