Many organizations struggle to share data internally across departments and externally with partners, vendors, suppliers, and customers. They use manual methods such as emailing spreadsheets or executing batch processes that require extracting, copying, moving, and reloading data. These methods are notorious for their lack of stability and security, and most importantly, for the fact that by the time data is ready for consumption, it has often become stale.
Secure data sharing, a function of Snowflake’s Cloud Data Platform, enables organizations to share live, governed data without making copies of it and without moving it. With data sharing, organizations can create their own secure data exchanges that enable discovery of data sets, control over who can access what data, metrics to track data usage, and data monetization.
This ebook offers five strategies for data collaboration through a data exchange enabled by Snowflake:
- Intra-company strategy for collaboration across business units
- Cross-company strategy for collaboration with your ecosystem
- Data sourcing strategy for acquiring governed, always up-to-date third-party data at scale
- Data distribution strategy for monetizing your data
- A hybrid of more than one of the above strategies